Order Your Notes!
The GCMS (Global Case Management System) is a system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process immigration and citizenship applications.
The system contains a details of each applicant’s file, which also includes correspondence to and from IRCC, documents submitted by the applicant, detailed notes from the officers reviewing the file, and other relevant information.
GCMS notes are the best option for applicants to get the most updated, accurate and complete view of their IRCC application. GCMS notes can help you know the status of your application, and therefore take any steps necessary to increase the chances of your application getting approved.
Anyone who has ever applied to IRCC (also known as CIC), can apply for GCMS notes. Your application could be any of these:
- Express Entry,
- Family Sponsorship,
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot,
- Start-up visa,
- Tourist/Visitor Visas,
- Study Permits,
- or Work Permits
It depends on the type of application you have applied for. You can order GCMS notes multiple times if you want as there is no limit on how many times you can apply. However, below would help you determine what’s the best time to order:
- Your application is taking longer than usual processing time, ordering GCMS can help you understand what could be causing that delay.
- Your application has been processed and a decision has been made by IRCC (in-favor or against) and you want to know what happened and at what stage.
- Your application has been denied, GCMS can help you understand what went wrong and on what grounds officer denied your application.
- You have received some emails but no update on your PR/Express Entry profile. You can order notes to check what stages have been cleared.
The appropriate time to order GCMS Notes for PR applicants would be 3 to 4 months after submitting the application.
- GCMS eNotes: Electronic notes can be helpful if you want to know the comments of visa officers evaluating your file, the current status of the file & also the reasons if your application was refused. Delivery Time: 4-5 Weeks.
- GCMS Documents: Your entire case file, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC. If you need any of those documents or want to know what your consultant submitted. Delivery Time: 6-7 Weeks.
- GCMS Complete: This is a combination of both eNotes & Documents. Can be helpful if you or your newly appointed consultant needs to evaluate the entire application before submitting it again. Delivery Time: 6-7 Weeks.
The GCMS notes are issued under the Access to Information Act, which is a federal law allowing any person to get access to information about them from the federal government.
It is important to know that only a Canadian Entity or an individual residing in Canada can apply for GCMS notes. If you are not in Canada, you can still get your notes, but you will have to use a representative, be it an individual or a business. The representative will apply for an Access to Information Act request on your behalf.
Here’s How To Order Notes:
- Place an order on this website by choosing the type of notes you want.
- Make a payment using our secure payment method – PayPal/Debit/Credit.
- Provide your information and sign the consent form.
- You will get your notes within 4-6 weeks.
In order to apply, you must have your application number. Your application number would look something like this: W98765432 or E98765432, depending on what type of application you filed for. The alphabet at the beginning is your application type (W=Work permit, S=Study permit, E=Permanent residence, V=Visitor visa).
While it’s not mandatory, knowing your UCI (Unique Client Identifier) can make the whole process more reliable. There’s only one UCI number per applicant, while application number could be multiple – based on how many applications you have applied for. Make sure you are selecting the right application number while entering the information.
IRCC takes up to 30 days to respond to an Access to Information Act request. However, this period may be extended for various of reasons. If the required time extension is greater than 30 days, IRCC will notify the applicant about the extension and its length. In general, you can expect 30 to 40 days to receive GCMS notes, but it may take up another 30 to 60 days in some cases. There is no way to expedite the process, and no lawyer or consultant would not make the process any faster.
No, processing of your application is not delayed by ordering GCMS notes. It has no negative impact on your file, in fact an applicant can order multiple GCMS notes.
Upon successful payment, you will receive an email with instructions and a link to upload your consent form and information about your application. If you don’t receive an email within an hour, make sure to check your spam/junk folder. If you don’t see an email, you can check your mode of payment to confirm whether the payment went through or not. These could be some reasons your transaction was not completed:- you closed your browser, your internet was too slow or you have an ad or cookie blocker installed.
If you feel you are stuck somewhere or payment has been deducted but no email confirmation, feel free to get in touch with us via email quoting the payment id/order number, and we will help you further.